Unit 731 was a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook lethal human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II. It was responsible for some of the most notorious war crimes carried out by Japanese personnel. The number of people killed in Unit 731 is around 580,000. Unit 731 was based at the Pingfang district of Harbin in Northeast China). More than 95% of the victims who died in the camp based in Pingfang were Chinese and Korean, including both civilian and military. The remaining 5% were South East Asians and Pacific Islanders, at the time colonies of the Empire of Japan, and a small number of the prisoners of war from the Allies of World War II.
Part of growing up is learning that the special experiences in your life are very, very common and that you aren’t actually that special. Many people still struggle with this.
Falling in love? Getting married? Having kids? All ridiculously common, but typically incredibly meaningful to the individual having the experience. They honestly think that somehow, somehow this has to be special and different from all the other people who get married and have kids because it’s so intensely emotional and meaningful. Thing is, it’s not less emotional or meaningful just because it’s common.
“Who do you suppose decided that birds were free? If they had no branch to return to, I do suppose they would regret having wings. Perhaps, true freedom is having somewhere to return to.”— Koumyou Sanzo, Saiyuki (by Minekura Kazuya).
Do you not remember it, my love? Our first date under the falling cherry blossoms, how my hand grazed the hem of your pleated skirt? How lovely your cheeks flushed, how my other hand brushed your sweet rose-colored lips? When I—-
/insert coin for rated NC-17 ver. of “KORA-KUN & ANI-CHAN’S SWEET SPRING FLING”